Idil Hernandez, Certified Medical Interpreter, Spanish, Instructor
- Native Spanish speaker
- Bachelors Degree in Healthcare
- Certified by the National Board of Certified Medical Interpreters (NBCMI)
- Over 20 years of experience in Healthcare in the US and Puerto Rico.
- Over 4 years of professional Medical Interpreter experience
- Completed the 40 hour Medical Interpreter program as required by the IMIA
- Adhere to the National Code of Ethics for Interpreter Educators.
Idil Hernandez was born and raised in Puerto Rico. Attended University of Puerto Rico and graduated with a BS in Physical Therapy. She has vast experience in the medical field working in acute care, rehabilitation and home care.
In 2008 she started working as a Medical Interpreter for a National company that provides over the phone medical interpreting for hospitals, clinics and other health related organizations. She also works providing face to face medical interpreting for local hospitals and for a company that specializes in worker’s compensation.
She has been working as an online instructor and mentor for medical interpreter students for the past 3 years and loves to teach and share her expertise. She is a member of the IMIA trainer’s division.
Idil is certified by the National Board of Certified Medical Interpreters (NBCMI) and hopes to continue developing as an instructor and help her students achieve their goals.
Contact Idil at email@example.com